Wednesday, November 19

Why, oh why, do we dye?

I'm getting ready to dye my hair. Oh gosh, you know my secret, I'm not a natural red head. Ha ha, as if. It is funny though, a lot of people did think I was a natural red head. I guess I have the skin color for it or something. I remember the first time I went blonde while I was in Utah... People freaked! They said "your natural color is so pretty, why did you go blonde?" I responded that I had not seen my natural color in many, many years and doubted they even knew what it was.

I have that sort of weird chameleon hair. On its own it is different shades all over my head. Combined it makes that dirty, dishwater blondish-brown - almost looks gray - color. You know what I mean. You see it in real life on the mousy-haired, dull, lifeless "I don't need a bad-ass hair color to be cool" ladies.

I am not that sort of gal. I am vivacious and obnoxious and plain-Jane hair would not work on me. (The people who know me in real life are snickering right now.)

Well now I am in the waiting stage. I have mixed the gunk and put it on my head. (You must be nuts if you think I would post photos of this!)

In 25 minutes I will be back to the red you see in my profile photo. Yes, I will probably post some "after" photos tomorrow.

Highlights tomorrow...... yeah you didn't think beauty was easy, did you?

Peace out.

No comments: