Wednesday, November 12

Virtual Coffee Time

I was up early this morning and wanted to call Ms. Debbie but it was the middle of the night on her side of the country. So I used my CrackBerry to write her an email. I called it virtual coffee time because of our old Porch tradition. If you ever hung out on The Porch in Utah, you know what I am talking about.

Coffee time starts with that "I'm alive but not awake" time of the morning where you auto pilot into the bathroom and then on to the kitchen to make some coffee. I let the dog out when I am home. Debbie drinks a huge glass of water to rehydrate. Nykol talks to her cat. Everyone has their own ritual.

Anyway, by the time the coffee is done I am ready to have a nice sit. When people are around its the time to rehash "last night," discuss what the day holds and a bit of time to bitch or whine....take your pick.

Since I am kind of alone now I do all this without opening my mouth. Matt is either still sleeping when I get up or vice-versa so I can rarely share coffee time with him. Boo...as Michael would say.

Being on extended vacation is boring but my house is looking awesome. We have rearranged most of the house and cleaned almost every surface in the place. Nice. I like clean, shiny house.

Today I experimented with Milk Chocolate covered Oreos. I am thinking of making them for Christmas presents. Heh heh those of you in Orlando and possibly Indiana are in for a treat.

Love ya

P.S. I think I will be in Indiana Dec 10-15. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I certainly miss coffee time, especially my first year when Debbie and I would read and then you'd come out and we'd just talk. Such good times.