Thursday, February 3

Morning stretches

I enjoy the mornings where Matt doesn't have to go to work early. I steal out of bed at 7:30 am when Cooper jingles his tags loud enough to wake me. This is his "I really mean it, I have to go outside," noise. Sometimes it is accompanied by a *snort* or two. He’s quiet because he knows Daddy is sleeping. He goes out and comes back without a fuss. We get a treat for him and then its breakfast. This is where we swerve from the normal routine. Now we get back in bed with Matt and its "wiggly, licky, cold paws" time, but only for a second or two. Then Cooper settles down at the end of the bed and we usually sleep for another hour or so. When the alarm goes off at 9:30 am Cooper and I get up and begin the process that is getting Daddy out of bed. This is not easy, but it is fun. Sometimes I open the blinds and sliding glass door of our bedroom to let sun and air in. If it is raining I turn on the TV to look at the weather (all boys are interested in dreadful weather, don’chaknow???). But the best is to pull all the covers off - - especially helpful on laundry day - - and toss the dog up on the bed. The ensuing uprising is generally filled with yips and shouts of Get your cold paws off my face! or Stop wiggling and I’ll pet you! And my personal favorite… Quit trying to French me!!!

No comments: