Monday, February 21

Alas, vacation is over......

Today is my last day of vacation before I start calling Moon for the Misbegotten.

Hmm... I wonder how many people out there actually know what I mean when I say "calling" a show.

Well it means that I watch the show from the control booth. I communicate to several people over headset and tell them when to push buttons which make the lights change and the music/sound FX happen. I also have light switches that make cue lights go on in different areas of the backstage. I use them to tell actors and technicians when to "go". So, essentially I tell people what to do during the course of the play.


Wow who the hell cares about my job huh? Okay sorry, I am bored.

Anyway, it is my last day off and I am making the most of it. So far I have mopped the kitchen floor, done some filing and spilled coffee all over my desk and keyboard.

I KNOW what an exciting life I lead!!!!!

*sigh*

On a brighter note, my friend Helen (who has fallen off the wagon BTW) got a job at Renfro Valley, KY and is MOVING AWAY FROM ME!!!!

(BITCH)

No, ACTUALLY we are all very happy for her because this will be a great opportunity and a wonderful raise!

How, you ask, does this make a brighter note? Well it just so happens that it means I can stay with her on the way to and from Utah saving me a night in a HOTEL!!

HA!

*yes, pretending that I only care about free room and board DOES make me feel better, okay???*

No comments: