Thursday, September 16

Relax

So Wednesday and Thursday is my weekend.  We are dark at work.  (No shows)  It is MOST EXCELLENT to have two days off in a row.  I can't tell you the last time I worked in a job that was only 5 days a week. Regional theater is usually 6 days a week and cruise ships are 7 days a week while I am doing the install out on the ocean.  I woke up early this morning and reveled in the thought that "today is mine too."  All for me to do whatever I want.  Ahhhh.  Yup...still loving the job.  Still raving about how awesome it is.  Still grateful to the Universe (and the people largely responsible for getting me here).

Today is my dear friend Gruber's birthday.  This is the first time I will have the chance to celebrate with him.  Gruber was a summer pal until he hired me at Cirque.  Back in the day he was my Production Assistant at Utah Shakespearean Festival.  Then he was my Production Manager at Lake Tahoe Shakespeare Festival.  Now he is my General Stage Manager at Zumanity.

I like it when friends stay in my life.  Being a gypsy, that doesn't always happen.  Wow.  Remember what it was like before facebook when we had to call/text friends to stay in touch?  I was even a letter-writer! Now I have lots and lots of old friends at my fingertips.  Yeah, this is a lot easier....

Anyway, a small group of us are going to Mon Ami Gabi for dinner - it's in the Paris hotel. Hooray for French cuisine.  After that there is a huge party at our place.  Should be fun!

Happy Birthday JohnnyVirgo!  I celebrate your existence every single morning. I LOVE YOU!!

Ok.  That being said, it's time to go back to sleep.  Or maybe make coffee and swim... or maybe work on my run sheet.... or watch 30 Rock.... soooo many choices. Ahhhhh... *contented sigh*

ohhhh psst...  Wanna listen to what I am listening to right now?  Go Here. (Richie's newest online track. Cool mashup. I believe he's calling it Zee Bob Cast)

No comments: