Saturday, September 11

First day... CHECK!

No easy day learning the space for this grrrl!  My boss is a very old pal.  He feels like "getting your feet wet" is for sissies.  I'm no sissy.  Which way to the deep end??

Day = Arrive, Company Meeting, Meeting two (can't spell it yet; something like Taperouge), Get ready for first show, do first show, scarf some dinner, do second show, clean up. Go home like I'm floating on air. Sleeeeeep.

I was so excited for the last week or so that I had been sleeping about 5 hours per night.  This grrrl needs a bit more time to recharge her batteries.  Last night I fell into bed around 2am and didn't get up until noon! Finally a release from all the nervous tension.

I'm still getting my bearings.  I am sure I will be for a while. This job is, in fact, everything I wanted it to be. I feel like I can do this for a while.  I like all the fast-paced, figure it out, DO IT NOW parts. I just need to get the layout of the building in my muscle memory. Lots of running around to be done.  Lots of running up and down stairs.  (Those of you who know me; stop snickering!)

I am starting a new life.  It is happymaking! I seem to be rising to the challenge.  Heh.  One of my pals used the phoenix legend to describe his yesterday.  Yeah.  I think so too.  I was reborn out the ashes of my old life in the past 48 hours.  I like it.

Here is a photo from the Zumanity 7 year Birthday party two nights ago.

(Left to right, back to front) Emily, Angi, Robin, John, Niki, Jess, Jamie

Theses are the characters in my new life Game! Of course there are more.  My Clark is here and was hovering near me when he can...giving me encouragement and silliness.

I am missing some of the old (and not so old) players in my Game.  But I always am. Being a gypsy means leaving people/places/things behind is the norm. Luckily in this age of technology I can reconnect as often as possible.  Skype has been my bestie for a while now.  Even more since I moved to Vegas.

I should go.  Must shower, buy a belt, buy some insoles and run back to the circus! Yay Circus!

xoxo

No comments: