Thursday, January 22

Fried Wii and Smokey Joe's Cafe at UCF


Yesterday morning we had a tiny little power surge in the living room. I heard on the news that the power company was experiencing overload because it got to *gasp* 30 degrees overnight. I know, I know.... my northern pals are rolling their eyes but remember I live in Central Florida and we are not used to those low numbers.

Anyway, so I go to turn on the Wii for my daily dose of humility (it makes that disapproving sound and says "That's obese!") and...... nothing. No light. No sound of the cd starting up. Hmmm... I unplug the wires from the back of the Wii and plug back in. Nothing. *sigh* Now I am a little scared because, as you all know, this system didn't come cheap. I call Hubby. He says he doesn't know what to do but will look at it later. In the meantime, my personal trainer (Lysa) says do yoga without it. I whine, she sympathizes, I start doing yoga.

Flash forward to the evening. I saw the final dress of Smokey Joe's Cafe at UCF. Cute! It's hard for me sometimes because I work in professional theatre so I am very critical - but for a college show, it was pretty good. The weakest part was the costume design. It was not good. NOT GOOD. But overall I liked the show.

Matty looked at the Wii this morning and told me to contact Wii customer service. I decided I will do that but first I google this phrase: Help, a power surge fried my Wii.

5,670 results! All saying the same thing. Unplug the power cord from the surge protector and the Wii. Wait a few minutes. Try it.

It try it. IT WORKS! YAY!!!!!! Wii calls me obese and all is well in the world.

Angi - Smoke free and Healing for Thirteen Days, 11 Hours and 3 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 22 Hours, by avoiding the use of 269 cigarettes!




2 comments:

Skinner Family said...

I think I would freak out too if my Wii did that. I'm being really good and working on the Fit too. Yes... it didn't come cheap. It's a good thing that I let it sit for a long time collecting dust.

Anonymous said...

rotfl
you crack me up
"Wii calls me obese and all is well in the world"
!
tooo funny!
~Judy