Monday, February 9

Passing the one month mark!

Free Clipart Graphic of a


Well it's official.... Hubby and I have been off the cigarettes for an entire month! I am so proud of Matt for sticking this out. He's put up with my bitching and moaning forever! (The best part is, he hasn't killed me....YET) Ha Ha, seriously... We were both whiny and crappy for a while but he is over it and I think I will be soon.

All in all, I gained 16.3 lbs in during my quit phase. I know I am beating it because since last Wednesday I have lost 6.1 of those pounds! I have a ways to go, but it is a start! I hate that we had to gain weight at all, but I understand the whole "healthy intestines absorb more nutrients" thing. But that doesn't mean I have to like it!!! (I should mention that I am very fat and losing 6 lbs. in 6 days in not a huge weight fluctuation...put your eyes back in your head and DO NOT comment that I lost weight too fast.) :)

Matt handled this whole thing better than me. I think it is because he doesn't have the fiery temper I have. He would just get quieter and quieter while I would yell louder and louder...
He also disappeared into his studio a lot (most likely to get away from me) to work on his photos. I should mention that you can see his fantastic work by clicking here.

I did a lot of cleaning the house, a lot of bitching and SOME exercise. I know I should exercise more, but I am sedentary by nature and I am doing the best I can! Okay, I did some cooking too. As evidenced by all the recipes I posted on here. But I think that also came from being on "vacation" for the past 3 1/2 months. *sigh* Vacation, my rear end! I am laid off. I just hate to put a negative spin on it. BUT the good news is I start working again in less than 2 weeks. The long, dark tea-time of my soul is almost over!

I have found that I talk about quitting smoking all the time. I think my friends are tired of hearing about it. The smokers think I am preaching and the non-smokers are tired of saying "good job!" But I can't seem to stop. Smoking was such a part of my life for so long that I think about it quite a bit. I am trying, pals, I am not trying to drive you insane. Actually, I am trying to keep myself from going crazy!

Another thing I realized is that we needed a period of time away from our smoker friends. Matt and I both have addictive personalities so we have a hard time saying no! I have only seen pals that smoke twice in the past month. Both times I had to run away to resist asking for a cigarette. However, I feel like a month is the right amount of time. Now I think I can go see smoking pals again. So any of you who I have been avoiding, chat me up, bitch me out, whatever...just call me so we can get together! :)

Ok, I think this blather has gone on long enough. Time to marinate some chicken. I am trying a new recipe tonight called Chicken with Roasted Lemon and Rosemary. I'll let you know how it turns out.

XOXO

Angi - Free and Healing for One Month, 10 Hours and 56 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 4 Hours, by avoiding the use of 629 cigarettes that would have cost me $143.62.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!
I'm VERY proud of you!
Sounds like you made the right decision staying away from the smokers for a bit.
Just like anything in life - if you're around it when you're trying to quit it makes it very hard.
You go girl!
PS Your husband is becoming an amazing photographer! Cooper's photos are amazing!
~JS

Skinner Family said...

I'm posting about you in a blog on Sunday.... I'm so proud of you!