Friday, August 27

Change it is a'commin'

Well well.  The summer is drawing to a close.  I am putting understudies on for the actors who negotiated to leave before the season is over.  I have had two rehearsals this week and one more tomorrow.  My understudies are doing great! They will be on all next week.  I can't believe the Randall closes tomorrow!  Where did the summer go?

I hope you all had a chance to see shows if you were in Southern Utah.  Even if you aren't, it is worth the trip!

I have just over one more week.  Three more performances of Merchant and five more of Much Ado. I am telling you, I can't believe how fast its gone!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my crews, casts, designers, and fellow stage managers for making this a fantastic summer. The administration rocks, the box office is awesome... I am filled with love for the Utah Shakespearean Festival.

I also have some news....

This will be my final season at the Festival.  I have been here 10 years.  I worked on 13 seasons with over 30 shows!  I can't believe my time here has come to an end.

My new adventure begins on September 10 when I start working as the On Call Assistant Stage Manager for Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity in Las Vegas. This is a permanent position, which has been my dream for many years.  Although I enjoyed my gypsy lifestyle, I'm ready to settle down and live in the same city as my husband.

This blog will need to change a bit.  I'll still talk about my adventures, but I think I need to reevaluate the exact content.

I hope everyone's life is going well.  I'll update you more when I start training for Cirque.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!


xoxo

1 comment:

M.S. said...

That is VERY exciting news. We are sad that we didn't make it down this year. That is what happens when you drive across the country for the summer! Also, with school budget cuts, we aren't even sure our school can travel to the competition in !October! We should know by Tuesday!