Wednesday, July 2

*sigh*

Yes, I am well aware that we are into July and there have been exactly ZERO posts from the Porch. This was a hard season for me. Othello kicked my ass and I still had to find the energy to do The School for Wives as well.

Woo hoo we opened!!!! Yay! My shows are both good.

I don't care what people say about Othello being too long. It's worth watching for 3 hours and 5 minutes. It is awesome. I would never review my actors in a public forum but this time I almost would. Let's just say I am VERY proud to be part of this production.

COME SEE OTHELLO YOU WIMPS!

The School for Wives is so much fun!! It's short, funny and a touch bawdy. I am having a great time working on it. (A shout out to my Crippled Crew - - every single one of my Wives crew members is hurt. Chris has a hyper extended knee, Justin got poked in the eye with a sharp stick and Lindsay's foot got run over by a GenieLift. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND I AM SORRY YOU ARE BROKEN!!!!!)

This is a period of adjustment summer for us for sure. A lot of new people and some new job titles and position switches.

Here is a quick low down (and I am sure I will miss some stuff so just let me know)

Richard our FANTASTIC Scenery Director (and impromptu TD in the Adams) is leaving us in a couple of day's for the Gutherie. We will miss him!

Zak and Tina had their sweet twins which are keeping them both occupied. They are also moving to a Carolina (which one escapes me - sorry)

Ben was Props master in the Randall as well as being the Props Director. He did an awesome job and we loved having him!

There is a bunch of other shit going on but it doesn't make me very happy so I don't find a need to report it here. Things to remember..... there is a touch of Iago in all of us and anyone who says differently is LYING to themselves.

"To be direct and honest is not safe"
-Iago
Othello

What else?

Oh Jamie S. will be in town tomorrow!!! WOOOOT!!!!!!! We have also had a myriad of visitors this summer. Micah left this morning, Kate Glo was here a couple of weekends ago. Debbie has been in and out (not that we see much of here around these parts - - but thems the breaks). Nykol's friend Robbie is in town today - hope she can find time to see him with all her WORK...ha ha!

I have lots more to say but things are getting scattered. Sorry! I will make another blog soon.

Anyhow, hope you are all having a nice summer! Drop me a line and let me know how you are doing!!

XOXO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man thanks for reminding me where I started. I do kindof miss the change of guard every year, the new people I would met and how big my theater family would grow every year that I would work. But then came the sad time when every one would leave and there I would be, alone and wondering if I was in the right place. I know now everything I learned there was for a reason. I miss everyone soooooo much and send all my love to the USF family.
Teresia

Unknown said...

Angi,
I miss you guys too. I wish I could come vist. Very busy with new job.

M.S. said...

Skinners are coming on Monday July 7 to see two shows! We are so excited to be visiting!